Monday, October 14, 2013

Sunday Mist and The Other Side of the Field





Yesterday was weird.  I did these two paintings and both of them seemed much different than anything I'd painted before.  Sometimes it frustrates me because I want to think I have a "style", but honestly I don't think I can say I do.  There are just so many different styles and techniques that I want to explore right now.  In the past I've painted pieces that I didn't want to post (even though I liked them) because I didn't think they looked like I painted them. I'm going to try to stop filtering my paintings.  I admit that I have no clue what I'm doing, and so I'm just trying everything I feel drawn to. Maybe someday my work will evolve into some sort of consistent style, but maybe not... I mainly just want to continue to grow and enjoy myself as much as possible throughout the process.


1 comment:

  1. These pictures are utterly unlike, and both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete